We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts, pilots and mechanics!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Patient Accounts Billing Representative is responsible for management of assigned accounts that may fall anywhere in the revenue cycle of the claim.
Essential Functions/Duties of Patient Accounts Billing Representative
- Examines the patient record and/or researches all avenues in order to gather information;
- Supports process improvements to assure quality and timely documentation;
- Follows billing process, makes necessary contacts to assure maximum reimbursement;
- Works closely with all billing and support service groups;
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Preferred Experience of Patient Accounts Billing Representative
- Healthcare/Revenue Cycle billing
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to calculate numbers, correct entries, and post to records;
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports;
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information;
- Ability to prepare routine administrative work;
- Records maintenance skills.
Working Conditions and Mental Requirements of Patient Accounts Billing Representative
- Work in a team environment;
- Utilize various software programs;
- May be required to sit for long periods of time.
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Guiding Values and Behaviors of Patient Accounts Billing Representative
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
- Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
- One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
- Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
- Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
- Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
- Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.