Job Description Summary : Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The Senior Program Director (SPD) will coordinate activities of personnel at assigned base and supervises selected Field Management (Program Directors). The Senior Program Director (SPD) will serve as a resource for the Field Management (Program Directors). The SPD will work in collaboration with the Program Directors, other Senior Program Directors, Regional Director of Base Operations, Regional Director of Flight Operations, Regional Patient Care Services Manager/Educator, Regional Maintenance Manager, and Regional Director of Membership Services.
• Direct supervision of Field Management (Program Directors) at assigned bases
• Resource for assigned Field Management (Program Directors)
Assists RDBO to set goals and objectives consistent with the mission and vision of the companyAssists RDBO with preparation of annual, regional business and marketing plans; assist with the preparation of the annual capital and operating budget for the region
• Makes recommendations for improvement in quality and/or efficiency to the RDBO
• Maintains timely communication with direct reports and RDBO
• Approves monthly Concur expenditures of direct reports within established budgetary limits and company policy. Ensures expenses are appropriately coded. Monitors for excessive or inappropriate charges, notifying the RDBO when charges are excessive, inappropriate or questionable.
• Monthly review of Adaptive planning for budget compliance at home assigned base and assigned bases.
• Completes Workday workflow to ensure timely completion weekly.
• Completes annual performance appraisals on direct reports and ensures all annual performance appraisals are accomplished timely. Serves as the approver of annual performance appraisals completed by Program Directors, ensuring timely, quality feedback/comments are provided.
• Assist the Field Management (Program Director) in submitting merit increases in Workday as needed.
• Complete payroll on assigned home base and review of assigned bases payroll for accuracy and completes submission for approval before the stated deadline. Follows up with individual Program Directors and RDBO for compliance issues.
• Tracks licensure and credentials of crew members through AMGH Reporting Services of home assigned base and reviews monthly, direct report bases to ensure compliance. Ensures crew members are in compliance with state and company requirements; Examples: LMS, OSHA, Continuing Education, Licensure and Certifications. Follows up with individual Program Directors and RDBO for compliance issues.
• Assists assigned Program Directors with development, implementation, and management of an aggressive marketing program. Follow up with individual Program Directors when flight requests/flights decrease to determine cause and assist with an improvement plan.
• Check reports/list generated and take action for resolution for issues with home assigned base and assigned bases. Examples: OOS pages for crewmembers, narcotic tracking, crew weights, incomplete charts and crew no fly list.
• Corrective Action Plans: ensure employee behavioral issues are addressed in a timely manner upon identification. Investigate and/or assist the Program Director with an investigation, notify RDBO of issue. RDBO to submit issue to Human Resources. Ensure proper documentation is completed with the approval of the RDBO and Human Resources. Serve as the witness for disciplinary action as needed.
• Scheduling will be completed for home base of assignment and review of open shifts for assigned bases. Assist with coverage for open shifts.
• Assist the Program Director to interface with hospital management on physical facilities, helipad issues, etc. Collaborates problem solving and follow-up on operational issues with the appropriate personnel
• Maintains thorough knowledge of departmental and other regulatory policies and procedures. Communicates regulatory changes to direct reports.
• Attends meetings as needed to assist assigned bases achieve goals and objectives.
• Assists in the interview process for base crew members. Ensure the new hire process is completed and submitted timely.
• Acts as interim Program Director when assigned and assists RDBO with new Program Director selection and mentoring
• Participates in activities that promote professional growth and self-development
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree preferred
• Must possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to effectively deal with staff and present information to management, public groups, and hospital/EMS/911 agencies
• Possess efficient project/task completion and exceptional organizational skills
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Possess the ability to elicit staff involvement, and positive approach to problem solving
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret health and flight-related journals, operational reports, and job specific legal documents
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Computer literacy required
• Permanent residence within 70 miles of the home base location
• Two years of Supervisor/Leadership experience
• A minimum of one year experience as Program Director | Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Required to regularly reach with hands and arms; speak and hear
• Required to frequently sit for long periods of time
• Required to stand, walk and drive or ride in a motor vehicle
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
• Required to work frequently near moving mechanical parts
• Frequently exposed to blood-borne pathogens or airborne particles
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.