Job Description Summary : Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us. With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response. JOB SUMMARY Assists Maintenance personnel at Super Regional Maintenance Offices (SRMOs) to conduct preflights, run-ups, Operational Check Flights (OCFs), and fly aircraft as necessary (14CFR91 flights only; 14CFR135 flights are strictly prohibited). Ensures that all aircraft have met the highest standards regarding Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) and compliance prior to being released to the field. Ferries aircraft, as necessary, between SRMOs and Bases, and other locations, and strives to minimize Base out-of-service time. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES • Conducts pre-flights and reports any findings to the respective Maintenance personnel. • Conducts run-ups and reports any findings to the respective Maintenance personnel. • Conducts Operational Check Flights (OCFs) and reports any findings to the respective Maintenance personnel. • Maintains Engineering Reports as required. • Works with Maintenance personnel to resolve all mechanical issues and concerns. • Ferries aircraft between the SRMOs and field locations, and other locations, as required. • Ferries all other aircraft as required. • All flights will comply with 14CFR91, the GOM, and Policies & Procedures. • 14CFR135 flights are strictly prohibited. • Additional duties as required • Perform other duties as assigned OTHER DUTIES • Submits all appropriate paperwork in a neat and timely manner • Other duties as assigned and/or required. QUALIFICATIONS Experience: • 1500 hours total flight time • 1200 hours helicopter time • 1000 hours pilot in command-Preferred • 250 hours turbine-Preferred • 50 hours night and/or NVG -Preferred Education: • Current medical certificate • Helicopter instrument rating • High school diploma or equivalent Skills: • Ability to multitask and perform effectively in a fast paced environment. • Exhibits professionalism, is ethical and able to maintain confidentiality. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills Credentials/Licenses: | Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Working Conditions:
• 230 pound weight limit
• Regularly reach with hands and arms
• Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
• Occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
• Required to work frequently near moving mechanical parts
• Required to work in outside weather conditions
• Ability to make quick but sound decisions.
• Ability to follow clear oral and /or written procedures without deviation.
• Adapts to irregular work pace.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Regional Director of Flight Operations
Interrelationships: Chief Pilot, Regional Maintenance Managers, Regional Directors of Maintenance, Senior Director of Flight Operations, Senior Director of Maintenance, Senior Director of Base Operations, Vice President of Aviation