Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Flight Paramedics provide direct patient care in accordance with GMR protocols and/or medical direction. They also assist with coverage of open shifts as needed with the assigned area.
- Complete and submit electronic patient care record for each dispatched flight within the specified time frame
- Provide pre-hospital and intra-hospital advanced life support care from initial contact until patient care is relinquished to the accepting medical facility maintaining thorough patient care documentation
- Maintain competency in knowledge and psychomotor skills by participating in ongoing laboratory and clinical experiences
- Maintain documentation of required licensure, certifications, continuing education, safety, and advanced procedures
- Routine maintenance of all equipment and supplies used by emergency programs
- Maintain positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues, EMS representatives, hospitals, and the public
- Serves as a medical flight member
- Attends pre-mission briefings and mission debriefing and completes necessary documentation
- Assists in pre-mission liftoff checklist and Pilot assistance when needed, i.e. radio, navigational, and visual observation activities
- Complies with safety standards to assure safety of self, medical personnel, patient, and equipment prior to liftoff
- Conducts aircraft safety briefings as needed
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an ALS or critical care setting required
- Flight experience preferred
- Current EMT-P license/certification in the states served by the assigned area required
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP required prior to flight status. Will be required to obtain trauma certification within 6 months of hire
- Advanced Certification (FP-C) preferred, required within 12 months from date of hire
- Instructor certifications in BLS, ACLS, PALS/PEPP, ITLS/PHTLS preferred
- NREMT-P certification may be required in assigned area