Remote - Sales
We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts, pilots and mechanics!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Summary: Developing and maintaining long-term relationships is key. The ideal candidate for this position craves collaboration with people, ability to manage one's own tasks, detail-oriented and outgoing. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, strong presentation skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills. The Business Development Specialist will develop relationships with customers and the Guardian team. The work includes travel and fluctuating hours.
- Develop, implement, and control marketing/public relation campaigns and events
- Create and develop marketing literature, touch-points, and corporate information for given market areas
- Build and sustain productive and profitable relationships with key decision makers, medical professionals, and community leaders through a variety of mediums including; personal visits, presentations, written communications, corporate literature, promotional events, etc.
- Prepare and deliver organization presentations to large and small bodies of medical professionals and civic leaders
- Seek out new opportunities for growth and development
- Assist the business development team or take lead in the conceptual design and layout of brochures, information guides, website, calendars, newsletters, social media and other promotional and PR items
- Actively participate in strategic planning and weekly Business Development Meetings with Business Development Team to determine direction, needs, opportunities, and action
- Evaluate statistical trends and take actions accordingly
- Implement and control competitive intelligence efforts
- Ethical to grow flight volume and market share
- Participate in company QA/QI activities
- Measurable increases in flight volume in specific markets as well as company wide
- Measurable increases in market share in specific markets as well as company wide
- Moderate travel, which will require overnight stay and occasional weekends.
- Initiative to get the job done without being asked, self-motivated
- Honest and reliable
- Dedication to mission and values of the company
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with the business development team and management
- Creativity in all aspects of work but particularly in the approach to problems and opportunities that arise
- A can-do attitude regardless of the situation/mission
- Previous experience in business development/marketing/sales or other related fields.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software applications.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, communications or public relations.
- Experience in the medical/aviation industry.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- This position will require some travel (less than 25%)
- Regularly required to reach with hands and arms; speak and hear
- Talk/hear: must be able to communicate, detect, converse with, convey, express oneself, exchange and process information independently
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
- Occasionally required to stand and walk
- Adequate concentration/Memory skills
- Ability to comprehend and understand information
- Ability to take constructive feedback
- Meet project deadlines
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to apply good judgment
- Decision making
- Ability to take direction
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
- Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
- One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
- Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
- Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
- Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.