Job Description Summary : JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for management of assigned accounts that may fall anywhere in the revenue cycle of the claim.
• Gathers information necessary to bill appropriate payor
• Examines the patient record and/or research all avenues in order to gather information
• Bills the appropriate payor
• Uses proper forms and processes for billing
• Supports process improvements to assure quality and timely documentation
• Monitors payments monthly concerning reviews and appeals process.
• Distributes monthly statements to patients advising of account status
• Follow billing process, follow accounts, makes necessary contacts with insurance payors or patients to assure maximum reimbursement
• Works closely with all billing and support service groups (Review, Auditors, Denial Management, etc.) to assure maximum reimbursement
• Perform all other duties as assigned
• Knowledge of Sweet billing system
• Knowledge of state laws and statutes concerning litigation and probate matters
• One year experience in an office atmosphere with knowledge of medical billing regarding collection on accounts.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to calculate numbers, correct entries, and post to records
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
• Ability to prepare routine administrative work
• Records maintenance skills
• N/A | Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Work in a team environment
• Utilize various software programs
• May be required to sit for long periods of time
• Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of altertive solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.]
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Team Supervisor
Interrelationships: Account Representatives, all employees