Job Description Summary : Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The Area Director of Business Development’s primary job is to achieve/exceed the revenue budgeted for their respective areas. It is the Area Director’s responsibility to work with current and new Membership Sales Managers on the development of markets within an assigned area. Motivating, leading and working one on one in the field with their respective Membership Sales Manager is crucial to the success of the role.
• Develops membership sales strategy.
• Manages and assists in achieving a monthly, quarterly and annual budget.
• Management of Membership Sales Manager Team by providing leadership within the area.
• Builds solid relationships with key personnel within the assigned territory in order to promote membership services and assist in the identification of new B2C opportunities.
• Recruitment and Selection of Membership Sales Managers.
• Supports and manages employee relations throughout the employee lifecycle.
• Assists other Area Directors in times of absence (PTO/FMLA etc.).
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma required; College degree preferred or equivalent experience
• Strong customer service skills with the ability to respond timely to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret Standard Operating Procedures, benefits guides, insurance claims, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to relate to and interact with people at all levels of the organization.
• Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Well-organized, analytical, self-directed, and self-motivated.
• Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Sales Logix Database.
• A minimum of 3 years similar experience in a management/leadership role preferred.
• Must have a valid state driver’s license
• Drive 8-10 hours at one time
• Occasional travel by air | Job Description : WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
• Sit, stand, and/or walk for long periods of time
• Mental requirements include decision-making and problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, ability to relate to diverse groups of employees, and the ability to positively work with others and provide guidance and direction.
• Requires travel (primarily by automobile) and occasional air travel.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.