Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The Accounting and Auditing Specialist conducts audits of payments received and account representative work processes. Handles protected health information (PHI). They review all files that have been submitted to the Self-Pay Department to ensure all billing steps have been completed correctly and that any payment received has been made according to expected revenue.
- Gather and distribute files being reviewed
- Submit audited files to either the Self-Pay Department or submit file for approval to be archived
- Return all unapproved files to the correct billing representative with detailed instructions on what must be completed before the account can be finalized
- Review all claim copies and payment details and ensure proper claim submission was completed and reimbursement has been received according to the expected revenue
- Evaluate account information in the billing software and account payment page to determine that the account has the proper debits and/or credits
- Review files to determine that all correct paperwork including clinical documentation is present and accounted for and document all appropriate billing steps have been completed or noted any deficiency Inspect medical records release requests to ensure the proper release of information form has been completed and maintain a log of each disclosure request and information released
- Performs other duties as assigned
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
- Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
- One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
- Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
- Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
- Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
- Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.