Job Description Summary : Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The Patient Accounts Team Supervisor is responsible for supervision of an assigned Revenue Cycle billing team. The core responsibilities are management of staff assigned, ensure all inbound calls are answered, and outbound calls are made within existing guidelines. This individual must possess the ability to coach and/or take over calls requiring assistance to his/her employees. They must also ensure the highest level of customer service is performed by the team along with staff counseling and continued development, and ensure service level goals are met and/or exceeded. This position requires the ability to work independently, ability to accomplish goals, clear communicator, patience, flexibility and provide excellent customer service.
• Assists Account Representatives with questions (PrePSA and PostPSA), process improvements, and patient calls as needed.
• Approves discount negotiations, contractual allowances, primary payor reports, refund check requests, and compliant coordination of conditional and secondary claim submission.
• Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points; and studying methods. Quickly brings all concerns and process improvements to the attention of leadership.
• Supports team with scheduling, monitoring time sheets, and correcting missed punches in time keeping program (Kronos).
• Oversee an organized audit process to ensure each file is worked correctly and timely to maximize reimbursement efforts. Works with team to correct electronic claim rejections/denials (EFRs).
• Accomplishes results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Initiates and fosters a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
• Contributes, supports, and develops behaviors that support our cultural “I-CARE” pillars.
• Responsible for assisting team with understanding and compliantly adhering to company billing policies, procedures, legislative and regulatory billing compliance, and Revenue Cycle enhancement initiatives.
• Meets and enforces customer-service standards. (which we need to develop)
• Participates in weekly Work Group sessions to work as a Revenue Cycle team in resolving billing problems and identifying billing system improvements.
• Participate in first interview of potential new employee.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Required high school diploma or equivalent.
• Required 2-3 years of management experience.
• Preferred Bachelor’s Degree
• Preferred 2+ years in medical billing experience
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel required)
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Preferred understanding of electronic medical billing systems
• Preferred understanding of Respond billing system
• Problem Solving
• Financial Skills | Job Description : WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.