Job Description Summary : JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for management of assigned accounts that may fall anywhere in the revenue cycle of the claim.
• Gathers information necessary to bill appropriate payor
• Examines the patient record and/or research all avenues in order to gather information
• Bills the appropriate payor
• Uses proper forms and processes for billing
• Supports process improvements to assure quality and timely documentation
• Monitors payments monthly concerning reviews and appeals process.
• Distributes monthly statements to patients advising of account status
• Follow billing process, follow accounts, makes necessary contacts with insurance payors or patients to assure maximum reimbursement
• Works closely with all billing and support service groups (Review, Auditors, Denial Management, etc.) to assure maximum reimbursement
• Perform all other duties as assigned
• Knowledge of Sweet billing system
• Knowledge of state laws and statutes concerning litigation and probate matters
• One year experience in an office atmosphere with knowledge of medical billing regarding collection on accounts.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to calculate numbers, correct entries, and post to records
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
• Ability to prepare routine administrative work
• Records maintenance skills
• N/A | Job Description : WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Work in a team environment
• Utilize various software programs
• May be required to sit for long periods of time
• Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of altertive solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.]
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Team Supervisor
Interrelationships: Account Representatives, all employees
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed