Job Description Summary : Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The Repair Order Specialist dispositions and processes cores removed from aircraft for repair and monitors repair status. They submit warranty claims and manages calibration of all company calibrated tooling.
Dispositions and processes cores for repair and monitors repair status
• Dispositions parts removed from the aircraft and provides guidance to the maintenance technician in compliance with industry regulations, Company approved supplier lists, and Company policies and procedures
• Processes repair orders for unserviceable parts to support inventory requirements while minimizing the financial burden of purchasing new replacement parts
• Monitors open repair orders and works with repair vendors to assure timely completion of repair and return of parts to Company inventory.
Submits warranty claims
• Identifies potential warranty claims
• Knowledgeable of warranty terms for suppliers used by Air Evac
• Coordinates with suppliers to obtain Return Material Authorization (RMA) numbers and returns for parts and equipment for warranty claims and tracks status of warranty claims and works with suppliers for resolution
Manages calibration of base assigned calibrated tool boxes and RMO assigned calibrated tooling
• Coordinates the shipping of freshly calibrated tool boxes to the assigned bases and ensures timely return of tool boxes requiring calibration to the calibration vendor and completes goods receipts on tool boxes being shipped from calibration vendor upon their arrival at the base and creates repair orders for the tool boxes being sent to the calibration vendor
• Monitors calibrated tooling at assigned RMO’s and ensures repair orders are generated and the tooling shipped as needed for repair or calibration and schedules annual on-site tool calibration events at the RMO facilities
• Assists Inventory / Logistics personnel as required
• Assists Procurement personnel as required
• Other duties and special projects as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to multitask and perform effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Well-organized, analytical and self-directed
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Active listening skills
• Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge in aircraft, engine, and component records desired
• Ability to read and understand technical manuals and records books
• Previous experience with purchasing parts, materials, or supplies ideal
• Previous experience with processing core returns and repairs ideal
• Previous experience with RAMCO ideal
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
• Primarily works in an office environment but may be occasionally asked to work in a hangar or warehouse type environment and may be subject to extreme heat conditions.
• Must have sound decision making and problem-solving skills
• Must be capable of comprehending and following oral and/or written procedures
• Must be capable of effectively communicating with personnel at all levels of the organization
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs or more
• Sit or stand for long periods of time
• Able to be tolerant of loud noises for extended period of time
• Must be physically able to climb, crawl or kneel on one knee
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled